Best Superfoods for the Best Super-You!
Eat your way to better health by making sure what you eat does more for you. That’s why superfoods are so important to work into your health program. They have been scientifically proven to benefit your health.
Here are some of my favorites. I hope you’ll work them into your meal plans to not only lose weight but to also feel your best every day!
- Blueberries – You probably already know about these beautiful berries being a superfood, but don’t let that stop you from eating more of them. They’re great on their own or on top of Greek yogurt for a boost of intensive antioxidants as well as enough fiber to fill you up.
- Greek Yogurt – And speaking of Greek yogurt, it’s full of probiotics which is great for digestion as well as helping your immune system stay strong, something we should all take extra care to do at this time of year.
- Kale – Once upon a time, kale was that unwanted green leafy vegetable tucked around the other offerings at the salad bar to make it look more appealing. Who knew that this would become one of the biggest superfood stars out there? You’ll get loads of fiber, calcium, iron and antioxidants out of this one. It’s great for salads though if you’re feeling snacky, try baking them with a little olive oil and sea salt for a tasty treat even the kids will eat!
- Almonds – Whether you want to add a nice crunch to your salad or have a snack that does you good, almonds are an amazing choice. You’ll get calcium, vitamin E, potassium, iron, and magnesium from these babies so eat them up!
- Quinoa – You’ll never miss rice if you switch to quinoa. Plus it gives your body 9 amino acids that it needs so it’s a step in the healthiest direction!
- Green Tea – The catechins in green tea have been shown to prevent certain types of cancers also help you look your most youthful which is another bonus!
There are many more superfoods out there too that you can incorporate into your meals. Broccoli and strawberries are vitamin C superstars while salmon gives you those essential omega-3 fatty acids. Do you see a bit of a trend here because I do! Healthy eating is like eating a rainbow of colors. Each one provides something your body needs.
Take a good look at your meals every day. Are they bursting with a variety of colors like a rainbow? Or are they looking bland and dull? If so, start making the change to incorporate more superfoods and you’ll discover your best super-you!